Wednesday 6 February 2013

1. Recipes // Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcakes

When I first read the title of these cakes, I thought they sounded amazing - cheesecake AND cupcakes TOGETHER?! It's a win-win situation. I initially set out to make Red Velvet cheesecake brownies but in the end myself and my friend went for cupcakes instead and they turned out like so...


The only change I would make next time is to add more red food colouring, as these turned out quite a dark red, rather than a vivid red which would have been more eye-catching. If you fancy trying them, there are a million recipes online if you type in 'Red Velvet cheesecake Brownies' and the only thing you have to do differently - to make cupcakes - is when you pour your cake mix into the muffin case, add a few spoonfuls of your cheesecake mixture and simply swirl the two mixtures together. You then bake them for 30 minutes at Gas Mark 4 (recipes for brownies will say 35-50 minutes, but cupcakes cook much faster than traybakes, and also you want them to be still quite gooey.)

and these are the ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


So, thanks to a bit of baking and seeing a friend, I've had a really lush day. I finished my second draft of my first assignment this morning and found out that I have an interview, on Tuesday, for a job that would be absolutely perfect for me but I don't want to jinx it by saying too much!
Just a quick update for tonight as I'm going to my boyfriends, so I'll try and update tomorrow night! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment