Friday 7 June 2013

33. Films // My Top Three

I fancied doing something a little different today as I have no recipes, film reviews or lifestyle posts in mind, so I thought I'd list my three favourite films.

I love these personal posts as I feel they're a good way to get to know someones personality and something about them and, to be honest, if you're reading someones blog - it's nice to know whose life you're reading about!

I'm a huge movie fan. When I was younger my favourite videos included The Fox & The Hound and The Swan Princess. Cartoons were my absolute favourite! Over the years, my film tastes have ranged from rom-coms to action to horror, and now they're a bit of a mixed bag!

1. The Last of the Mohicans


History (in particular the history of native American's in the United States) is my absolute passion. It's a huge interest of mine and it's also what I'm studying at university, with the intention of becoming either a history writer or history teacher.

This 1992 film is, as you probably guessed from the name, about native Americans and tells the story of of a tribe of 'Indians' and a group of British; it's a tale of romance, tragedy and honour. It's got a brilliant cast including Daniel Day-Lewis and has one of the best soundtracks in a film ever (seriously, ever). 

You are guaranteed to shed a tear through this film as parts of the story is devastatingly sad and yet very true to life. 

2. Bridesmaids

Admittedly, this 2011 film is a big contrast to the above movie! I love comedy films and this one is top of the list for me. Although it initially sounds like a soppy rom-com, it is so much more than that and it's not too girly - there are even some 'poo' scenes involved.

The film tells the story of one (hilarious) woman in the lead up to her (also hilarious) bestfriends wedding. There are a lot of 'issues' a long the way, and nothing really seems to go to plan... I know it's so cheesy and so American but it really is a 'laugh-a-minute.'

I've watched this movie a million times and I could watch it a million more. No matter how many times I've seen it, certain lines make me laugh every time and Kristen Wiig is just absolutley hilarious. I think girls everywhere can relate to certain characters or moments in this film!

3. Inglourious Basterds


Besides the fact that this 2009 film stars Brad Pitt *swoon* this film is undoubtedly in my top 3! Again as it's - albeit loosely - based on historical fact, it was instantly up there on my 'must watch' list and I wasn't disappointed!

Quentin Tarantino is an absolute legend of film-making and this film doesn't let him down. The storyline is amazing and there are so many moments of humour thrown in too. Christopher Waltz is also absolutely incredible as a Nazi 'Jew hunter.' Although it is a gory watch (seriously, do NOT watch this film if you're squeamish) there is also romance in there too.

Awesome. That's the best word to describe it.

So, what do you think of my film choices?
Have you seen any of them yourself?

Love,
Becci xox

No comments:

Post a Comment