Tuesday 25 June 2013

41. Health // My Health Kick (Round Two)

Today's post is something a little different and bit more personal than usual too. Today I'm going to talk about the health kick I've embarked on (for the billionth time) this week.

On January 1st, I kicked off my healthy living pledge and managed to lose around 20lbs in the first three months, simply by eating less and doing more. I didn't cut anything out of my diet; I limited refined carbohydrates (white bread, pasta, rice) and ate more fruit and vegetables. I let myself have a treat, within reason, when I fancied something naughty and I didn't punish myself if I over ate.

However, after three months, my motivation began to dwindle and I fell back into old, bad habits. Since the start of April, I have re-gained somewhere between 7-10lbs and I feel just as big as I did at the end of last year. 

So, I've pledged to get back into healthy living again and try to lose somewhere between 2 and 3 stone, by Christmas. I'm really heavy; like massively heavy. According to a BMI calculator (which, for the record, are total bullsh*t) I'm 'morbidly obese,' when in reality, I think I'm just 'a bit fat.' 

I have no issues with people being overweight, chubby or fat - I just don't like it on me. I don't want to be thin, I don't even want to be slim... I just want to be able to be happy with my body and the way that it looks in, and out of, clothes. 

My current measurements (please don't laugh...) are as follows:
Bust - 45" 
(No, this isn't a typo... I have huge boobs... Awkward)
Waist - 34"
Hips - 43"

Bare in mind that I'm only 5' 4" so, in reality, I'm quite short and wide. Blurgh. I'm not going to write down my weight as I'm too embarrassed (I'm actually also embarrassed by the fact that I'm embarrassed about my weight but, hey, that's just how I am as a person), but I'll update weekly to let you all know how I'm getting on.

I'm aiming for 1.5lbs a week through sensible, healthy eating and increasing the amount of exercise I do; this will just be walking and some toning exercises; I am not - I repeat: NOT - joining a gym. It's my idea of Hell.

Anyway, enough rambling... I hope you enjoyed this post. I know it's something that a lot of people can relate to so I thought it'd be nice to share my journey with you! I might even post some pictures if I've got the nerve!

Love Becci xo

No comments:

Post a Comment