Tuesday 8 October 2013

87. Travel // Travel Wishlist

I love travel, and I love wishlists... Yup, it's a travel wishlist!

I got the idea from Amy at Cocktails in Teacups who wrote a wonderful wanderlust wishlist of places in the UK that she'd like to visit. I thought I'd do my own version of the top 3 places that I am desperate, and I mean desperate, to see.

1. New Zealand

If you followed me way back when in May, you'll know that I took part in the Blog Everyday in May challenge. One of the topics I had to write about was my travel dreams. I chose New Zealand. It may seem a pretty standard choice; good weather, hot guys, cute accent... but it's somewhere that I 100% have my heart set on moving to. As you'll know, I'm a big fan of lists, planning and organisation; I have a 10-year-plan which involves emigrating to New Zealand with S. It's a dream of both of ours; he visited when he was 18, for a month, and stayed with his extended family over there. He's told me so many amazing stories about the place and, through my own research (which, sadly, hasn't involved actually visiting!) it's led me to the conclusion that it would be an incredible place to live. Someone want to lend me £10,000, yeah?
2. Thailand
Thailand looks like a pretty immense place. I'm not talking about the cities - although I'd love to see Bangkok, but probably only very briefly! - but the beaches. Oh my God, the beaches. White sand, dazzling blue seas, hammocks, cocktails... I could go on and on. Not to mention the food?! Imagine spending a fortnight staying in a beach hut, sipping cocktails on the beach, swimming in the ocean... and then trekking through the National Parks, exploring the cities and experiencing real Thai life... Well, a girl can dream!
3. Germany 
A slightly much more realistic travel dream of mine is to visit Germany. There is so much that I want to see; from where the Berlin wall once stood, to the horrors of the concentration camps, right up to the beautiful mountains of Bavaria (seriously, Google Neuschwanstein Castle!) I think the German culture is so misunderstood and, in reality, it looks like a gorgeous place; very clean, lots to do and such a mix of modernity and traditionalism, in terms of architecture, food and so much more. I'd love to spend Christmas in Germany, it's a genuine dream of mine, as I picture it as just the perfect place: curled up next to the fire in a log cabin in the Bavarian Alps, opening presents and sipping hot chocolate (perhaps with a shot of Jagermeister in there to liven things up!)... Perfect. You can find out more about German Christmas traditions here.
If you could visit anywhere in the whole world, where would it be?
*All images are sourced from Pinterest*

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I'd love to go to Germany!

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these countries are on my travel WL :) But on the top are New York, Australia and Dubai :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I'd love to visit all of those places too! New York at Christmas would just be incredible x

      Delete