Saturday 25 January 2014

93. Lifestyle // The Watch Gallery Competition

I'm a big fan of competitions, I'm also a big fan of Italian food, oh, and Jamie Oliver. Not sure where I'm going with this? Well, the lovely people at The Watch Gallery are currently running a fantastic competition where you're in with a chance of winning £50 worth of Jamie's Italian vouchers to use for a delicious - just in time for Valentine's day (yay!). 

All you have to do, is choose from their extensive range of luxury watches, one watch that you would pick for a loved one and write a blog post about it. I've chosen to select a watch for my dad who - if I had the money - I'd love to treat, as he really deserves it.

Over the last couple of years, since my parents separated, my dad has looked after the four of us wonderfully and I couldn't be more grateful. He has also set up his own business and, although he's doing very well, he can't ever afford to treat himself to a little bit of luxury. Before checking out The Watch Gallery's huge selection of watches, I asked my dad what sort of watch he'd own if money wasn't an object, and then - after longer than you'd think scouring through the men's watches section - I found this little (but not cheap) beauty.

The Breitling Navitimer is, I'm sure you'll all agree, an absolutely gorgeous aviation watch. One of my dad's 'requirements' when discussing his dream watch, was that it had 'chronograph dials' - now, I'm sure I'm not the only one here, who doesn't really know what that means? But I think it's the three little circles (or dials, duh) in the centre of the watch's face. 

Not only is the incredible detailing, beautiful crocodile leather strap, and rose gold casing, just to die for - the watch is also practical too. My dad owns and runs his own tree surgery company meaning that he spends the majority of his time bracing the elements outside, come rain or shine, clambering up trees and using lots of dangerous machinery. But fear not - this watch is both scratch and glare resistant, as well as being water resistant to 30 metres.

All in all, this is a beautifully crafted luxurious watch that I think my dad would absolutely love. Now, although my budget doesn't quite stretch to the £17,520 that I'd need in order to purchase this little beauty, I'm sure my dad would be more than happy with a delicious meal at Jamie's Italian! *drools* mmm, pasta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment