Sunday 25 May 2014

120. Reading // Reading Habits Tag

The wonderful Katie from IntoTheBookCase tagged me in this fun #bookbloggers Reading Habits tag, so I just had to give it a whirl. I love reading and it takes up a lot of my time (not that I'm complaining!).  I occasionally post book reviews too, so feel free to check those out too; Reconstructing Amelia, Half of a Yellow Sun and The Book Thief. 
Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I'm happy to read wherever I am, but when I'm at home I like to snuggle up in bed or curl up on the sofa. It has to be somewhere comfortable where I can happily relax for hours.
Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I never use bookmarks, I'm one of those people who folds the corner over, however, when I was younger I used to love bookmarks and even spent my pocket money on them (book-worm from a young age!)
Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I prefer to finish a chapter before stopping, as otherwise I find myself a little bit lost when I go back to reading. If I haven't got time to make it to the end of the chapter, I'll just wait until the end of the paragraph instead. 
Do you eat or drink while reading?
I often read on my lunch break at work so eating & reading have to work together for me! As you might imagine, this frequently ends with my book, clothes or face splattered in food!
Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
I can't watch TV whilst reading, to be honest, I don't understand how anybody could?! When I'm at Shane's and he's playing on his XBOX or watching something on the TV whilst I read, I just put some music on, but something relaxing so that I can keep my mind on the book.
One book at a time or several at once?
I can never read more than one book at once. I remember doing my English Literature AS Levels and not being able to read anything for pleasure, because I was always studying a book for school instead, and since then I've struggled to read more than one at a time, but I prefer it that way. I like to be able to completely focus on one set of characters and one story.
Reading at home or everywhere?
I do most of my reading at home, but I also read on my lunchbreak, when travelling and sometimes if I just fancy a bit of downtime out of the house, I'll head to Costa and read my book; just me, a cuppa and a good book.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head, always.
Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I'm so bad for reading ahead! If I'm really enjoying a book, I always want to know how it ends and I have to physically restrain myself from reading the last few pages or googling it! If I'm finding a section a bit tiresome, I'll often skip a page or two, too.
Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Nothing I own ever looks new for long! After carrying a book around in my bag, everyday for a week, my books are usually covered in make-up, food and God knows what else! 
Do you write in your books?
I don't think I ever write in books, apart from study books. If I find a quote I love, I just put a sticky note in there or fold the page over.
I'm fairly new to the #bookbloggers community, so I don't know many book bloggers to nominate, but if you'd like to do this tag then feel free, just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. No bookmarks?! I wouldn't spend money on a fancy bookmark, I just use a free bookmark whenever I can but I can't stand folding the pages. Even if it's not my book, something about "harming the book" makes me cringe, haha. I use to fold my pages when I was younger but now I can't do that anymore.

    I'm stealing this tag once I find some free time! I love anything to do with books ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew someone would be disappointed with my corner-curling habit, hehe. I'll have to try and scout out a new bookmark from somewhere!

      I hope you enjoy doing the tag for yourself, let me know when you've done it so I can have a nosey.

      Becci x

      Delete