Sunday 29 June 2014

136. Improving OnlyBecci Results

Last week, I asked my readers and Twitter followers to give up five minutes to help improve Only Becci, by completing a quick survey which asked how often they read my blog, what they thought of my content/style/photography, what they'd like me to introduce onto the blog, etc, and I had a great response.

Everybody who completed the survey said they felt I updated regularly enough, which is a big relief as I always feel that my blogging schedule is so erratic and sometimes pretty naff.

The vast majority of people said they'd been reading my blog for six months or less.

Most people said they caught up with my posts once a week, however 42% of people said they read every post. Nobody said they read less than once a week.

People rated my writing style as their favourite aspect of the blog (57% of people rated it as excellent - thank-you!), with content coming a close second, and photography in third/last place. Only one person rated my photography as 'poor' but, as many of my photographs are taken on my iPhone and I very rarely edit them, I can't take this personally. But it gives me an idea of what I need to work on.

And finally, when I asked what people would most like to see me introduce to the blog, it was an overwhelming majority vote for plus-size fashion!

I'm really happy with the feedback that I received on my survey. It's been very humbling, and also given me a little bit of guidance on where to take my blog next. 

In the near future, I'm going to be introducing fashion posts, and also branching out onto YouTube. 

I'm really enjoying blogging and the blogger community, at the moment; I feel like I'm finally finding not only my feet, but my voice, and I'm feeling more confident with my blog - so much so that I even created a Facebook page (head over and gimme a like, if you fancy) and invited my real life friends to like it (big step for me!). I'm pretty excited to see what the future holds for OnlyBecci...


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had some really good feedback. It's a good idea to do a survey like this to see where you can improve as a blogger. I think I may do one in the future too. Good luck with your Youtube channel :)

    Yazmin xx
    www.yazzyscorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you for the comments, lovely. I'm really glad I did the survey as I found out stuff I'd not have known otherwise :-) I'd recommend trying it out for yourself! xox

    ReplyDelete