Thursday 12 March 2015

168. From Fugly to Fresh Faced in 30 Seconds (Superdrug BB Cream)

We all have 'those days' where we either a) look crap, b) feel crap or c) both. Today is one of those days for me. I've woken up full of cold with a sore throat after a night of wee-break interrupted sleep and a whole load of new spots on my chin to keep me company on my day off.

As luck would have it, I treated myself to some of Superdrug's own BB Cream in the shade 'Light' yesterday on my lunch break, after a tip off from a friend. Sometimes you can't be bothered to spend twenty minutes applying a full face of make up, for example when you're having a day like I'm having (tired, ugly, poorly, I could go on and on...) and, on days like these, BB Cream is a total lifesaver.
Superdrug's BB Cream claims to act as a 5-in-1 Skin Perfecting Day Cream which conceals imperfections and enhances skin tone, provides 24 hour hydration, antioxidant protection, has UVA/UVB filters and contains SPF 15. It's a win-win situation. Great skin with minimal effort. But is that the case in reality?

I applied a generous blob (seriously, is there a better word for it?) to the entirety of my face, blending it in downwards motions and ensuring it was subtly blended into my neck to avoid the dreaded tide lines, as we called them in school. 

The BB Cream gave my skin a nicer, more even tone without that heavy feeling that you sometimes get with a full face of make up, but it didn't cover up the dark circles under my eyes or any of my particularly prominent spots. I touched it up with a light dusting of powder and was pretty impressed with the result, and in less than a minute too.
I quickly filled in my eyebrows and added a slick of mascara to complete the look and I was good to go. Although I wouldn't head out for a busy day in such minimal make-up, it's perfect for when you need to nip to the shops, you've got a couple of quick appointments to get to, or you're running late for work and just need a helping hand.

Superdrug's own brand range of BB Cream's are currently on offer at better than half price on their website and in-store, at just £3.48 for 50ml. The Light BB Cream is currently out of stock on the website but you can always check out your local store to see if they have it in stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment